Monday, December 20, 2010

PC Issues, Still Working it out

I'm trying to avoid this, but I may need to purchase a new PC.  Here's what's going on:
  • Purchased this PC 5+ years ago and the Hard drive went kaput two weeks ago
  • I ordered a new hard drive and RAM card last week that just came in today
  • Installed that hardware, loaded windows with a generic boot disk
  • Found that I don't have my Windows XP product key (from 5 years ago)
  • Microsoft Customer Service pretty much tells me I'm out of luck without the original boot disk
  • I have 30 days to find a copy of XP with the code
  • The audio/video driver install disks are missing too, so I have no sound at all
So basically, I have 30 days to post while I scramble trying to find the things I need to get my PC back to 100%  Any suggestions to get me there would be greatly appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment